Aims of the training seminar
The aim is to provide health and safety practitioners with professional development opportunities. The focus is on the skills safety managers need to make real changes that drive their organisational safety culture.
The programme will equip/enhance participant’s ability to prepare and implement a detailed strategic plan for their organisation.
The following topics will be covered in detail:
• Revolutionary accident causation model that combines the best thinking of a wide range of eminent international experts in health and safety
• Comprehensive change management model that combines both hard and soft elements of change
• Behavioural change; how humans operate in groups and how these group processes can be changed
• Elements of a compliance system with emphasis on the legal requirements and urban myths
• What the Health & Safety in Employment Act says and how ACC works, with special reference to return to work practices
• Safety and the internet; how to use international resources to your benefit
• Developing a strategic safety plan for each participant’s own organisation
4 + 1 Day. Participants will receive pre-reading material that will be discussed at the seminar. The 5th day is at least one week after day 4 and participants will during the intervening week work on a strategic plan for their organisation.
Who should attend?
Advanced and intermediate health and safety practitioners.
Methods of presentation
Public seminar: delegates of different organisations come together at a seminar. The advantage is that delegates don’t only learn from the seminar material, but also from each other and from their exposure to other industries.
Cost: $995 (plus GST) per person
Public seminars will be held at our Huntington Park, Botany training room, dependant on a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 8 participants per group.
For dates please contact Adapto.
Internal seminar: if an organisation wants to train 5 or more delegates, it may be preferable to present the seminar exclusively to the organisation. The advantage is that the specific issue and applications of the organisation will be discussed during the presentation and work discussions.
Cost: $3,995 (plus GST) for 5-8 people. For larger groups please contact Adapto to discuss.